SPACKLING WALL ART
Add a point of difference to your walls with this fun and bright Spackling Wall Art. Completed in only three steps, this quick and easy artwork utilises your DAP Alex Plus Spackling in a unique way.
YOU WILL NEED
- Haydn Mini Microfibre 6mm Smooth Roller Sleeve
- Haydn Mini Roller Handle
- Haydn Plastic Paint Tray
- Haydn Putty Knife
- Haydn Size 8 Touch Up Artist Brush
- Haydn Plastic Paint Stirrer
- Haydn Drop Cloth
- DAP Alex Plus Spackling Tub
- Rust-Oleum Chalked Chiffon Cream
- Rust-Oleum Painters Touch Plus Gloss Canary Yellow
- Rust-Oleum Painters Touch Plus Gloss White
Step 1: Using the Haydn Plastic Paint Stirrer, thoroughly mix the colour you want to use for your background; we used Rust-Oleum Chalked Chiffon Cream Paint. Apply a layer of paint to the canvas with your Haydn mini roller and let dry. The chalk paint’s easy application and one coat coverage meant we had a great finish without the need to reapply.
Step 2: Now comes the fun part. Using your Haydn Putty Knife, scoop some DAP Alex Plus Spackling on the end of your knife, adjusting the amount depending on the size of the flower. For a petal, place the knife with spackling on the canvas and run it towards what will be the centre of the flower. For the centre, ‘slop’ a dollop of spackling in the centre and lightly move your knife in a circular motion to create a swirl effect. Let dry.
Step 3: Paint the petals and centres in your desired colours, we used Rust-Oleum Painters Touch Plus in Gloss White for the petals and Rust-Oleum Painters Touch Plus in Gloss Canary Yellow for the centres. Let dry before hanging and impressing your house guests!
IDEAS TO CHANGE IT UP
- Leave the flowers unpainted for a subtle look
- Try different shapes or colours